By: PTI |
Updated: July 21, 2022 11:10:04 pm
It is learnt that India will play Australia in Mohali (September 20), Nagpur (September 23) and Hyderabad (September 25). (File)
Delhi’s Feroz Shah Kotla will be hosting last of the three ODIs against South Africa in the second week of October while the T20 World Cup bound team is set to play three games against Australia and South Africa before leaving for the ICC event.
It is learnt that India will play Australia in Mohali (September 20), Nagpur (September 23) and Hyderabad (September 25). They will round off their World Cup preparations with three more T20 against the Proteas in Trivandrum (September 28), Guwahati (October 1) and Indore (October 3).
The three ODIs will be held in Ranchi (October 6), Lucknow (October 9) and Delhi (October 11). With the BCCI wrapping up the pending series which were postponed due to COVID-19, South Africa are coming for a short three-match ODI series during Durga Puja where a second string Indian team wil be seen in action.
“As our secretary Jay Shah had said recently, we will have two national teams of equal strength available. So the three ODIs will be played at a time when national team leaves for the World T20,” a BCCI source told PTI on conditions of anonymity.
Subscriber Only StoriesView AllPremiumUPSC Key-July 21, 2022: Why you should read ‘Sport Integrity’ or ‘Symbol …PremiumPM’s ‘revdi’ remark: We need to disentangle good subsid…PremiumBehind BJP win in MP civic polls, several mini-victories for Cong; AAP, A…PremiumZubair bail order: Again, Supreme Court draws the red line on misuse of p…Subscribe Now to get 66% OFF
While South Africa played five ODIs in India in June, the three T20s have been included for quality match time before the World Cup. “The ODI as per rotation was to come to Kolkata but it was during the time of Durga Puja and CAB won’t be able to organize the police deployment during festival time. Hence one match has been allocated to Delhi,” a BCCI source added.
T20Is vs Australia
Sep 20: Mohali
Sep 23: Nagpur
Sep 25: Hyderabad
South Africa T20Is
Sep 28: Trivandrum
Oct 1 : Guwahati
Oct 3 : Indore
Oct 6: Ranchi
Oct 9: Lucknow
Oct 11: Delhi.
For your UPSC prep, a special sale on our ePaper. Do not miss out!
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
- India vs Australia
Subscribers Reading NowPM's 'revdi' remark: We need to disentangle good subsidies from badZubair bail order: SC draws the red line on misuse of power to arrestUPSC Key-July 21: What to read and why for UPSC CSEMadras HC mangalsutra remarks to Karnataka survey, a troubling view of women Behind BJP win in MP civic polls, several mini-victories for Cong; AAP, AIMIM make gainsExplained: MSP and govt panel's taskExplainedSignificance of Kali Bein, from which Punjab CM drank water and fell illUS president Joe Biden tests positive for Covid-19AI's Dubai-Kochi flight diverted to Mumbai after technical glitchOpinionIn abortion, the woman’s choice matters. The SC says so, tooKL Rahul tests positive for Covid before Windies tourSamantha says situation with Naga Chaitanya not amicableUPSC KeyWhy you should read ‘Sport Integrity’ or ‘Symbol of Marriage’PremiumClose shave for TDP leaders as boat dock collapses in Andhra PradeshExplainedBoris signs off with 'hasta la vista': What does the phrase mean?Walter Andersen writes: How Narendra Modi reshaped the BJPPremiumKerala students 'lap up' opportunity to respond to moral policingSPONSOREDMadHat Season 5 Organized by Symbiosis Centre for Media and CommunicationLatest News
- Agro startups can play a major role in development, says Karnataka CM Bommai
- After football & hockey, International Olympic Committee warns India: ‘Hold elections or face suspension’
- In Rome, a new museum for recovered treasures before they return home
- Google Pixel 6a now open for pre-booking in India: Take a closer look
- Explained: New study that suggests depression is not caused by serotonin imbalance in the brain
- Tripura govt tightens Covid restrictions after rise in daily positivity rate
- ISRO Chairman S Somanath hopes Gaganyaan will be successful by 2023 end
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s life changed after her father told her ‘I can’t pay your loans’. Here’s why she became an actor
- Our team is the best in the CWG, however can’t say we will win all the gold medals: Wrestling Federation president Brijbhushan Singh Sharan
- Explained: The Kali Bein and its significance for Sikhs
- Bengaluru: Four Bihar labourers killed in wall collapse
- Javelin thrower Annu Rani is much stronger but a technical flaw remains: Former coach Naik