By: AP |
Updated: July 21, 2022 3:03:38 pm
Michael Bracewell's hat trick helped Kiwis win the match by 88 runs. (ICC/Twitter)
Dane Cleaver’s 78 not out and Michael Bracewell’s hat trick powered New Zealand to an 88-run win over Ireland to clinch their Twenty20 series 2-0 at Stormont on Wednesday.
New Zealand posted 179-4 and bowled out Ireland for 91 to secure its fifth straight win over the hosts. The visitors beat Ireland by 31 runs on Monday after a 3-0 series win in the one-day internationals at Malahide.
New Zealand can sweep the three-match T20 series on Friday.
Cleaver’s total came off 55 balls and included five fours and four sixes in just his second T20 international appearance. Finn Allen contributed 35 off 20.
Dane Cleaver has been awarded:
— Cricket Ireland (@cricketireland) July 20, 2022
Chasing 180, Paul Stirling gave the Irish a fast start, hitting Mitchell Santner for a six and a four in the first over. But against Lockie Ferguson, he was caught to finish with 21 and leave the hosts at 23 for 1.
Ireland managed just four runs for its next two wickets, as Jacob Duffy was dismissed by Gareth Delany for a first-ball duck before Harry Tector (2) was run out.
Ish Sodhi took three wickets for 21 and Ireland was at 86 for seven when Bracewell came on for his first over. The off-spinner had Mark Adair and Barry McCarthy caught in the deep with successive deliveries before Craig Young sliced to backward point from the next ball as Ireland was all out for 91.
Subscriber Only StoriesView AllPremiumZubair bail order: Again, Supreme Court draws the red line on misuse of p…PremiumExplained: MSP and govt panel’s taskPremiumWalter Andersen writes: How Narendra Modi reshaped the BJPPremiumFrom Madras HC comments on mangalsutra to a survey in Karnataka, a troubl…Subscribe Now to get 66% OFF
Young and Josh Little took two wickets apiece for Ireland.
For your UPSC prep, a special sale on our ePaper. Do not miss out!
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Subscribers Reading NowMarathi votes split, Sena eyes north Indian support before BMC testPythagorean geometry in Vedic-era texts, centuries before PythagorasHow can diabetics deal with nausea, bloating and acidityOpinion: Lessons on navigating geopolitics in Middle EastUPSC Key-July 20: What to read and why for UPSC CSERanil Wickremesinghe, old warhorse with a shot at making historyCWG 2022Working as farm hand and cook, single mother of four daughters raises champion weightlifterExplainedMartyrs' Day rally and its importance for Mamata, TMCItalian PM resigns after key coalition allies boycott trust voteOpinionMadras HC comments on mangalsutra to survey in K'taka, a troubling view of women emergesPremiumPM Modi best administrator, India marching ahead in all fields: CICLiger trailerVijay pelvic-thrusts his way to glory, faces cackling Mike TysonUP MoS quitsDinesh Khatik, who rose from RSS, BJP ranks, eyed 'larger role'PremiumExplainedIndia's law on abortionPremiumHow does gapping meals impact your metabolism?British historian attacks RRR for English villains, social media says: 'Denying colonialism a crime'Can you guess how much Hollywood's biggest stars earn?SPONSOREDMadHat Season 5 Organized by Symbiosis Centre for Media and CommunicationLatest News
- IIT Kanpur to organise GATE 2023; application window opens in September; exam dates announced
- Dark memes take over Twitter as people mull moving to Gotham City for cheaper rent
- Highlights: Michael Bracewell hat trick seals New Zealand T20 win over Ireland
- Pansare murder: Bombay HC seeks Maharashtra govt response on kin’s plea seeking transfer of case to ATS
- At Shaheed Diwas rally, Mamata Banerjee asks people to turn 2024 into ‘election of rejection’
- ICAI CA Intermediate topper Rajan Kabra loves reading books, says ‘watching The Big Bang Theory destresses me’
- Dhanush’s appeal to end south-north divide: ‘It’s time to come together as one big industry’
- How does gapping meals impact your metabolism?
- Dhanush on attending The Gray Man premiere in the US with sons Yatra, Linga: ‘I am the coolest dad’
- Shah Rukh Khan stayed in a guest house with a tariff of Rs 160 while shooting for Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa
- This two-ingredient facial mask gives an ‘instant brightening effect’
- We have to bat 50 overs: West Indies coach Phil Simmons ahead of India series