By: Sports Desk |
July 22, 2022 8:01:29 pm
Shikhar Dhawan is leading Team India against West Indies. (BCCI/Twitter)
Shikhar Dhawan, who is leading the Indian team in the three-match ODI series against West Indies opened up on his captaincy and stated that he is a very cool captain and will look to keep the energy levels up for his side. “I am a very cool captain. I make sure the team’s energy stays up and of course I love to take all the right decisions and keep the process going,” Dhawan said during the toss of the first ODI of the three-match series here on Friday.
— Guess Karo (@KuchNahiUkhada) July 22, 2022
“The bench strength is complementary to domestic and IPL cricket. This is a great opportunity to showcase talent, show fight, and win the series. Surya, Shreyas, Samson are all good. Even myself (laughs). We get support here, from abroad and locals which is good,” Dhawan said when asked about India’s team in the absence of big stars like Rohit, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant, and Jasprit Bumrah.
Meanwhile, West Indies took the knee before their first ODI, showing support for the ‘Black Lives Matter movement.
West Indies skipper Nicholas Pooran won the toss and elected to field against India.
Senior India all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has been ruled out of the first two ODIs after sustaining a knee injury.
Pooran informed that all-rounder Jason Holder is down with COVID-19 and will miss out, while Kyle Mayers was included in the playing XI after his recovery from an injury.
For India, Sanju Samson and Shreyas Iyer have made it to the playing XI.
Subscriber Only StoriesView AllPremiumUPSC Key-July 22, 2022: Why you should read ‘Custodian of the Constitutio…PremiumWelcome, Madam PresidentPremiumWhere is Sunny Deol? ‘Missing’ BJP MP leaves party and rivals…PremiumRK/RKAY movie review: Rajat Kapoor film is meta several times overSubscribe Now to get 66% OFF
West Indies XI: Nicholas Pooran (C), Shai Hope(wk), Brandon King, Shamarh Brooks, Kyle Mayers, Rovman Powell, Akeal Hosein, Romario Shepherd, Alzarri Joseph, Gudakesh Motie, Jayden Seales.
For your UPSC prep, a special sale on our ePaper. Do not miss out!
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd
Subscribers Reading NowShahidul Alam speaks about the repressive terrain in BangladeshShamshera movie review: This film is big, bad, loud and messyColleagues recall the singer-composer-guitarist, Bhupinder SinghRK/RKAY movie review: The film is meta several times overIs the palm oil the wonder plant it is made out to be?How to train your baby to sleep through the nightMenaka Guruswamy writes: Welcome, Madam PresidentPremium68th National Film Awards: Suriya's Soorarai Pottru wins bigManoj Kumar Jha writes: Why the Rajya Sabha mattersNational Film AwardsSoorarai Pottru & Tanhaji prove that theatrical & streaming can co-existLok Sabha passes Indian Antarctic Bill, 2022 amid Oppn protestUPSC KeyWhy you should read ‘Custodian of the Constitution’ or 'Fourth Pillar of Democracy’PremiumWhere is Sunny Deol? 'Missing' BJP MP leaves party and rivals incensedPremiumGoogle Pixel 6a review: The software phonePremiumExplainedWill Rishi Sunak become UK’s first Indian origin PM?CBSE Class 12 results: Noida girl gets a perfect score of 500/500‘For a good night’s sleep, keep every tech device outside the bedroom’SPONSOREDMadHat Season 5 Organized by Symbiosis Centre for Media and CommunicationLatest News
- Disney swaps the use of ‘fairy godmothers in training’ for a more gender-neutral term
- Marrying victim, birth of child does not mitigate offence of rape: Delhi HC
- Rising trend of swine flu infections in Maharashtra: 142 cases and 7 deaths so far
- RRR is a potboiler, not a history lesson
- Maharashtra cabinet expansion still on hold, Shinde-Fadnavis discuss list in Delhi
- Thaman S is elated on winning National Film Award for Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo: ‘We made it’
- UltraTech Q1 net profit falls 7 pc to Rs 1,582 crore; net sales rise 28 pc to Rs 15,164 crore
- Why the Rajya Sabha matters
- Explained: What are EU’s options in palm oil row with Malaysia and Indonesia?
- Welcome, Madam President
- CBSE 12th result: Lost her father to kidney ailment during Covid, Ludhiana girl scores 95%
- Greece: The lager louts are back in Zakynthos