By: Sports Desk |
July 21, 2022 8:32:45 pm
India is placed in Group A along with with Australia, Barbados and Pakistan. (File/AP)
A member of the Indian women’s cricket team for the upcoming Commonwealth Games has tested positive for Covid19 before taking the flight to Birmingham.
India are set to face Australia in the opening match when women’s cricket makes its debut at the 2022 Commonwealth Games on July 29
The women’s cricket T20 competition will be held at the Edgbaston Stadium from July 29, with the bronze and gold medal matches taking place on August 7.
This will be the first time that Women’s T20 International will be featured in the prestigious multi-sport event. India is placed in Group A along with with Australia, Barbados and Pakistan. Sri Lanka, England, New Zealand and South Africa are placed in Group B.
Subscriber Only StoriesView AllPremiumUPSC Key-July 21, 2022: Why you should read ‘Sport Integrity’ or ‘Symbol …PremiumPM’s ‘revdi’ remark: We need to disentangle good subsid…PremiumBehind BJP win in MP civic polls, several mini-victories for Cong; AAP, A…PremiumZubair bail order: Again, Supreme Court draws the red line on misuse of p…Subscribe Now to get 66% OFF
The Indian team recently completed an ODI series whitewash against Sri Lanka and before that they also won a 3-match T20I series 2-1 against the same opponents.
Team India squad: Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, S. Meghana, Taniyaa Sapna Bhatia (Wk), Yastika Bhatia (Wk), Deepti Sharma, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Thakur, Jemimah Rodrigues, Radha Yadav, Harleen Deol, Sneh Rana.
Standby: Simran Dil Bahadur, Richa Ghosh, Poonam Yadav.
For your UPSC prep, a special sale on our ePaper. Do not miss out!
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd
Subscribers Reading NowMarathi votes split, Sena eyes north Indian support before BMC testPythagorean geometry in Vedic-era texts, centuries before PythagorasHow can diabetics deal with nausea, bloating and acidityOpinion: Lessons on navigating geopolitics in Middle EastUPSC Key-July 20: What to read and why for UPSC CSERanil Wickremesinghe, old warhorse with a shot at making historyWatch VideoHealth Minister Mansukh Mandaviya at Express AddaOpinionIn abortion, the woman’s choice matters. The Supreme Court says so, tooDinesh Gunawardena likely to be named Sri Lanka's next PMUPSC KeyWhy you should read ‘Sport Integrity’ or ‘Symbol of Marriage’PremiumECB raises rates by 50 bps, its first hike in 11 yearsExplainedBoris Johnson signs off with 'hasta la vista': What does the term mean?Gauhati HC grants bail to student held for post ‘in support of ULFA-I’Walter Andersen writes: How Narendra Modi reshaped the BJPPremiumKerala students 'lap up' opportunity to respond to moral policingSamantha Ruth Prabhu says situation with Naga Chaitanya not amicableWatchTheresa May refuses to clap for Boris Johnson as he bids farewellSPONSOREDMadHat Season 5 Organized by Symbiosis Centre for Media and CommunicationLatest News
- US president Joe Biden tests positive for Covid-19
- Mouni Roy is ‘mentally’ on a beach, as she shares pictures in a gorgeous bikini
- Explained: Five things to know about Droupadi Murmu, President of India
- Akshay Kumar responds to criticism on being paired up with younger female actors: ‘They are jealous’
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu reveals why she did Family Man 2: ‘It was just this cry for a challenge’
- EC should have passed proper order on plea against SAD’s registration: HC
- In abortion, the woman’s choice matters. The Supreme Court says so, too
- Droupadi Murmu, a president for our time
- Not just players’ pool, it is also essential to build bench strength of coaches: VVS Laxman
- International Chess Olympiad only a week away, Tamil Nadu village all decked up
- Tour operators expect boom time this Durga puja season in Bengal
- Explained: What does ‘hasta la vista’ mean — literally and in popular culture?