By: PTI | Dubai |
Updated: July 20, 2022 3:36:27 pm
Jasprit Bumrah was forced to miss the final match owing to back spasms, which cost him his top spot. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)
India pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah dropped to second among bowlers while Hardik Pandya rose a whopping 13 places to eighth in the all-rounders’ list after his strong show against England in the latest ICC ODI rankings issued on Wednesday.
While India clinched a narrow 2-1 triumph in what was a thrilling ODI series, star pacer Bumrah was forced to miss the final match owing to back spasms, which cost him his top spot.
New Zealand quick Trent Boult reclaimed the top spot with 704 rating points as against Bumrah’s 703 Among other Indians, Yuzvendra Chahal, who picked seven wickets during the ODI series against England, jumped four spots to 16th.
Pandya was rewarded with for his impressive show with bat and ball against England. He took six scalps and made a total of 100 runs.
Subscriber Only StoriesView AllPremiumUPSC Key-July 20, 2022: Why you should read ‘Twiplomacy’ or ‘Violence’ or…PremiumMarathi votes split, Sena eyes north Indian support before BMC litmus testPremiumExplained: Who is Ranil Wickremesinghe, old warhorse with a (tough) shot …PremiumExplained: Why do people give up their Indian citizenship, and where do t…Subscribe Now to get 66% OFF
He also jumped eight spots to 42nd in the batting rankings, following his excellent series Star India wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant, who scored a brilliant unbeaten 125 during the final, was rewarded for his strong form with a rise of 25 spots to 52nd Pakistan skipper Babar Azam remains on top in the list for batters, with the Indian duo of Virat Kohli (fourth) and Rohit Sharma (fifth) and South Africa opener Quinton de Kock (sixth) all dropping a spot.
South Africa’s Rassie van der Dussen hit his third ODI century at Chester-le-Street on Tuesday and that helped the 33-year-old jump three places to third overall in the batter rankings.
England all-rounder Ben Stokes dropped four spots and out of the top 10 for all-rounders to 11th, while compatriot Chris Woakes fell two spots on both the bowlers and all-rounders’ lists after he failed to feature during the series.
There was no change in the Test rankings this week, while the only movement on the latest T20I rankings were minor and outside the top 10.
For your UPSC prep, a special sale on our ePaper. Do not miss out!
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Subscribers Reading NowT M Krishna writes: We no longer know how to respond to violenceUPSC Key-July 20: What to read and why for UPSC CSEWho is Ranil Wickremesinghe, old warhorse with a shot at making historyIndian MNCs are absent from discussions on digital policyWhy do people give up their Indian citizenship, and where do they go?Opinion: It's time to change the standard love story ExplainedWho is a gold digger, the derogatory expression used to describe certain kind of greedy woman?OpinionT M Krishna writes: We no longer know how to respond to violencePremiumEditorialSC has done well to draw a few red lines in Zubair caseExplainedWho is Ranil Wickremesinghe, Sri Lanka's new President?PremiumCapital topper, AAP fails to score in Delhi UniversityKallakurichi student death: NCPCR to conduct spot inquiryUPSC KeyWhy you should read ‘Twiplomacy’ or ‘Citizens and Aliens’PremiumPujara slams third double century for Sussex in county cricketExplainedWhat are tetrapods, and did their removal cause 'unusual vibrations' along Mumbai's Marine Drive?WatchSpeeding ambulance skids on wet road, rams into K'taka toll boothWhy does Magnus Carlsen find the World Chess Championship boring?SPONSOREDMadHat Season 5 Organized by Symbiosis Centre for Media and CommunicationLatest News
- Concession for senior citizens on trains not desirable: Govt
- Opposition, govt trade charges as protests over price rise, GST stall House proceedings
- Bombay HC restrains BMC from acting against ex-employees staying in staff quarters, asks it to finish inquiry first
- Leopard run over by truck in Junagadh
- SC nod to 27% quota for OBCs in local body polls
- Patidar leaders meet Bhupendra Patel: Withdrawal of 2015 agitation cases, job to kin of deceased raised
- Don’t be misled by those giving free revdis, we don’t want a Lanka out of Gujarat: CR Paatil
- Granting bail to an influential person like Setalvad a matter of concern, court told
- Mumbai Youth Congress opposes naming of new MU hostel after Savarkar
- Aaditya Thackeray to now hold rallies outside Mumbai to revive support, first stop Thane
- CWG 2022: Weightlifter Popy overcomes tough childhood to aim for a medal at Birmingham
- Sanjay Raut skips ED appearance, summoned again on July 27