By: PTI |
Updated: July 21, 2022 5:25:43 pm
Singhraj Adhana won two gold medals on the final day for India. (PTI)
Paralympic medallist Singhraj Adhana won two gold on the final day as India produced their best-ever performance at the Para Shooting World Cup, finishing with 10 medals.
Singhraj’s twin medals propelled India to the top of the medal table, their best performance since taking part in the competition for the first time in 2017. In total, India won six golds, three silvers and one bronze.
France (11) and Ukraine (15), took second and third place, having won 4 and 3 gold respectively.
On the final day of the event, Tokyo Paralympic silver medallist Singhraj, who initially qualified in the fourth place, rode on his steady rounds of shooting to score 224.1 points and eventually clinched the gold.
Subscriber Only StoriesView AllPremiumBehind BJP win in MP civic polls, several mini-victories for Cong; AAP, A…PremiumZubair bail order: Again, Supreme Court draws the red line on misuse of p…PremiumExplained: MSP and govt panel’s taskPremiumWalter Andersen writes: How Narendra Modi reshaped the BJPSubscribe Now to get 66% OFF
Ukraine’s Oleksiy Denisiuk, settled for silver with 216.2 points, while Korea’s Jeongdu Jo won bronze after scoring 193.9.
Before the individual event, Singhraj teamed up with compatriots Deepender Singh and Manish Narwal to take the team gold.The individual gold was also Singhraj’s first ever in the P4 event after several silver and bronze medals.
“I am very happy to finally win a gold in this event. I wanted to win it in Chateauroux 2022 in France but had some technical glitches. I am happy that I could execute my plans in Munich,” Singhraj said in a release. “I would like to thank my coaches for the success.” Earlier, India started off its Para Shooting World Cup campaign on a brilliant note with Rahul Jakhar clinching gold in P3-Mixed 25m Pistol SH1 event.
Jakhar also combined with Singhraj and Nihal to take the team gold with a total of 1695-36x ahead of Korea and the Czech Republic.
Shooters Manish Narwal and Rubina Francis followed it up with another gold in P6 – Mixed Team 10m Air SH1 Pistol event.
The Indian Para Shooting team will next be in action at the World Championships in November slated to be held in Al Ain, UAE
For your UPSC prep, a special sale on our ePaper. Do not miss out!
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Subscribers Reading NowMarathi votes split, Sena eyes north Indian support before BMC testPythagorean geometry in Vedic-era texts, centuries before PythagorasHow can diabetics deal with nausea, bloating and acidityOpinion: Lessons on navigating geopolitics in Middle EastUPSC Key-July 20: What to read and why for UPSC CSERanil Wickremesinghe, old warhorse with a shot at making historyExplainedThe history and culture of eating 'muri', symbol of Mamata's protest against Centre's GST regimeGauhati HC grants bail to student held for post ‘in support of ULFA-I’In Gujarat, Kejriwal’s reply to PM Modi’s 'revdi culture' remarkExplainedWhat are the ED and IT cases against Rahul and Sonia Gandhi?PremiumWalter Andersen writes: How Narendra Modi reshaped the BJPPremiumDays after drinking water from Kali Bein, Punjab CM Mann in hospitalOpinionMadras HC comments on mangalsutra to survey in K'taka, a troubling view of women emergesPremiumFacebook's growth woes in India: too much nudity, not enough womenExplainedThe phenomenon of ‘pan-Indian’ films, their spread and successBiden's 'grew up with cancer' comment triggers speculation, White House clarifiesWatchNASA video shows Apollo 11 astronauts' tracks still on the MoonSPONSOREDMadHat Season 5 Organized by Symbiosis Centre for Media and CommunicationLatest News
- Re-Defining The Tradition In Folk Art: An Art Educator’s Perspective
- Video of Theresa May refusing to clap for Boris Johnson in final speech goes viral
- Gauhati HC grants bail to student held for Facebook post ‘in support of ULFA-I’
- Russo Brothers on working with Indian talent: ‘We would love to find as many projects as possible’
- ‘I wondered why we weren’t singing such fabulous poetry from Bhakti movement with our ragas’: S Anand
- SC appoints senior advocate Maninder Singh as amicus in BCCI matter, to hear on July 28
- Delhi LG advises Arvind Kejriwal to not attend Singapore event, Sisodia says CM will apply for political clearance at MEA
- UPSC Essentials: One word a day – Marburg
- Explained: Why has Netflix announced a cheaper but ad-supported version of its service?
- #PaneerButterMasala trends on Twitter, Shashi Tharoor joins in
- Hindustan Zinc net profit rises 56 pc in June quarter
- China to repay more depositors to defuse rural bank scandal